Join us for Southwark Kaleidoscope Festival's World Day
Come and join us for Southwark Kaleidoscope Festival’s ‘World Day’ on Saturday 1 October, 12pm-4pm at Pasley Park. This FREE event is funded by Notting Hill Genesis and is being delivered in partnership with Forward Newington.
Will be a celebrating our rich and diverse community with a special focus on the story of the British- Jamaican nurse Mary Seacole, and her links with the Royal Surrey Zoological Gardens.
You can experience delicious Caribbean fusion food and delicious African dishes. Or why not try some of Amigo’s South American delightful dishes along with some tea and cake from St. Paul’s church. You’ll have the chance to wander through some community stalls who are selling authentic gifts and goods. If you are an animal lover, why not join us at the dog show with a range of very diverse dogs!
There will be fun activities for all the family as well as local community and business stalls. The fete and festival are free, and you will see the following:
• The famous dog show at 1:15-2:15 pm.
• Music, and dance to watch and get involved in
• Free activities for the children, including face painting
• Foods of the world.
• Market Zone – local community and business stalls.
• Arts and crafts activities
• Music with our resident DJ.
• A play about the amazing nurse Mary Seacole.
We look forward to seeing you there!